Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Not sure if I'm cut out for this

I am not a bloggers arse... I realise this...

Geez - I have typed and deleted about 10 times now... (did I mention I'm not a bloggers arse?)

Anyway I decided to cut a long story short... Instead of making a short story long like I usually do... :)

Surfice to say since I have been in Oman I have discovered a whole new world of bloggers... I have done a complete 180 degree turn on what type of people bloggers must be - I WILL NOT tell you what I used to think of them - and seeing as I am now in that category - I had better do a 180 degree turn.

I wont bore you on how I came to the point of reading blogs - but I will tell you that now I am reading blogs I am enjoying each and every one of them and I really get depressed if none of them have updated for a while - I get offended... can their lives be that busy that they forget about their followers??

Some are funny, some are informative and a lot of them do a loooot of research before they blog - but all of them give a little bit of insight of life here in Oman, the ups and downs.

There are many entries that I want to scream at - shouting "that happened to me" or "I know what you mean" - its really weird - I feel as if I know these people. I also at the same time get a sinking feeling - there are so many things I want to tell you all - but they've done it first and they've done it better... :)

I am not sure of the ethics with regards to blogging, I cant seem to find any written rules or anything - so I am not sure if I am allowed to make reference to them in my blogs but what I can tell you is that I have certain blogs that I follow like a stalker... on the left hand side of this page is a list of those I follow - if you get 5 mins you have to start reading them - they are really good.

When I go out and meet people, if I happen to meet say a Greek, a Aussie or a Candadian - my mind goes into overdrive, looking for clues to see if I find out if they are the bloggers I follow.. YA RIGHT - I have an overactive imagination - the amount of expats living in Oman and I would happen to meet the very people that I follow... what are the odds??

I have also had a look at the amount of people that follow them - wow they have loads. At the last count - I think I have 5 followers - and that suits me fine... :) after reading how well written the other blogs are - I'm in no way or form competiting with them at all - I mean GEEZ - I haven't even got the energy to to create a logo for my blog nor have a learnt how to put up some pictures... so I guess you could say I'm not very good at this. (Just in case I forgot to mention - I aint a bloggers arse!)

But someone told me that to blog is good for the soul, you can rant and rave and get it all out of your system - and I must admit it works - everytime I tell a story here - I feel so much better... :) and of course theres the added advantage of when people ask me why I haven't emailed them - I just say - but all my news is up on the blog... :)

So I guess I aint gonna stop just - I'm just letting you know I aint a very good blogger... :)

Oh and if anyone wants to tell me how to load up pics or has the energy to create a logo... feel free...

It's Eid holidays here now - a whole 9 days hols (including weekends) so many ideas so little energy... :) One thing I do know is I'm off to watch New Moon tomorrow - cant wait... :)

till next time
xx

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your nice posting.
    it is really helpful to us.
    such a nice topics.

    Bathmate

    ReplyDelete