Monday, November 23, 2009

The Brit and the Pea

Man - I have been meaning to tell you all about this and I keep on forgetting... It's called C.R.A.F.T people...

I was at a supermarket called Al Fair (although a lot of people here call it Un Fair no idea why yet!) they are about the only supermarket chain here that sells products imported from RSA (amongst other countries) So I pop in there every now and then to stock up on KOO cans and Today products, oh and Ina Paarmans, n Robertsons.. OH man lots of products.

Anyway - so the other day I was in there with my wingman, and I came across KOO peas... Now those of you who know me... know that I am famous for my cooking... NOT!!! but I do make a damn fine salad - as long as it comes out of a can... ROFL...

Anyway - one really nice salad is the KOO peas and Mayo...

So walking down the aisle with me wingman, and there on the shelf was KOO PEAS!!! so I started piling them into the trolley.... it's the done thing here - once you see something you like - take it all... who knows when you will see it again (you would think that the people here would use their initiative - if it sells make sure you buy lots more and keep it stocked - it doesn't seem to be the done thing here - one day its on the shelf and the next its gone for months.... weird really!)

Wingman was like Yummo you can make salad... and I was talking to the cans telling them how much I missed them...

Then this other shopper in the aisle asked what's that - so I explain about KOO being the best peas you can get in a can - mix it with Mayo and Voila instant easy salad - and she (amazingly a Brit!) started telling me how she makes the same with Mielie (corn for you non Saffer's) - SEE a woman after my own heart - quick and easy salads...

So she asked me if I had taken all the cans - but I kindly allowed her to take one.. and give my salad a go...

Hey who knows I might have started a trend here in Muscat... :)

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment