Monday, March 08, 2010

Everything happens for a reason....

I'm a firm believer in that, I truly am... :) It's the reason I'm sitting in Muscat right at this moment - wont bore you with the sorbid details - but lets say something happened and I took it to mean that I was meant to be in Muscat... BOY was I wrong... :)

Since I've been here - its been one bad event after another..... I feel as if I'm staring in my own life movie - Gatvol's Series of Unfortunate Events - haven't seen the movie - so am not comparing what's happened in the movie to my life - but I sure like the title...

Dont get me wrong - my time in Muscat has been magical - I would do anything - ANYTHING - okay stopping short of selling my soul... - to be able to stay here - I love this place and I see sooo much potential... :) But bad things have been happening along the ride.

Funny thing is tho' - these bad things have been intermittently interspersed (naw not gonna bother with spell check on those two...) with good things - So I've been sitting here going over and over (and over) the events of the past few months trying to look for clues to find out if I should actually be here or not...

I know it doesn't make sense does it - but thats how I think in my weird world - something happens and I take it as a sign - either a good one or a bad one - so I've been making lists (YES am back to my lists... refer earlier post!) of everything and putting it into Pro's and Con's as it were...

But looking over this list - I am not sure what to do or where to turn - I KNOW I'm at a turning point... but unfortunately my head is spinning so much I cant really see what the options are... :)

I've had it in my head that I dont have to make a decision until after my mother's holiday - which would be the end of April - but then a bad event happened - the school wants me to pay OMR 100 (ZAR 2000) to book fatties place for next year by the 10th of March - but then a good event happened - I was asked to help out someone and he would pay me EXACTLY OMR 100 (KARMA - what can I say!) yes yes I know totally illegal indeed - but desperate times call for desperate measures... :)

BUT THEN - bad event occured - I did the work - went looking for my money - GUESS WHAT... turns out I helped this guy for nothing... he doesn't have the money to pay me... and dont think I didn't believe him - I went to his bank and got a statement - s'true as bob - he cant pay me...

So it seems the decision has been decided for me.... I'm outta here... :(

OKAY WOW - STOP THE PRESS.... I have just taken a break to check my emails - and there is an email from the guy to say he's scrapped up my money.... so I will be seeing him at 4 today to get it...

DO YOU SEE WHAT I MEAN... my life at the moment is a series of weird events and I have no idea if I am meant to be here or not...

Oh - and dont think I'm just sitting on my fat arse waiting for good Karma to come my way - I'm trying my damdest to get a job this side of the world... Lets just say that even tho - having 20 years experience, starting up my own company twice - sold one to a jealous competitor who wanted my clients, and closed the other cause I was coming here - and helping out with hubby's company until that was sold - I'm under qualified... 2 Diploma's and a huge amount of experience is not enough to get a job here apparently - not sure of the details but apparently to get a job you will need to be sponsered by the company (old news) but (new news) only DEGREED people will be able to get sponsered.... still trying to figure out how that would work for the - how can I say it diplomatically - for the... the... damn cant think of a word here... for the lower level labourers... (there sue me for not being PC)

So there you have it - I'm not sure if I'm gonna be around much longer - but will just have to wait and see - try and figure it all out and try to get my head to stop spinning...

On a lighter note to my morbid life - someone left a comment on my status last night (for those who have no idea what I mean - mother - that would be you - I think you are the last man standing when it comes to facebook.... :) ) This comment made me spit cooldrink all over my laptop I was laughing so hard.... :)

In the immortal words of Homer Simpson....
"Trying is the first step towards failure"




Good ole Homer - always knows how to make a person feel better don't he... :)

Anyways till next time... DO'H! :)
xx

2 comments:

  1. I believe that everything happens for a reason too, even if it is not until many years down the line that you have that moment of epiphany or hindsight.

    Hang in there, just remember that you can't control everything, but you can control how you react to things that happen.

    "This too shall pass" is a saying that gets me through the tough times...the sun will come up tomorrow and it will be new day with new possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment DintheD... :)
    in the immortal words of Dory - keep on swimming, keep on swimming...
    Am sure things will get better - just wish it would happen faster... :)

    ReplyDelete